Wednesday, January 19, 2011

whoa.whoa.whoa.

The last few posts have been quite downers.
Sorry.
I really have been blessed with an amazing pregnancy. She is super healthy, kicking around in my belly and I need to focus on the positives a LOT more.
Neil had the day off on Monday so we went to lunch at our favorite restaurant, McGarrey's, and then headed to Home Depot to pick up some gray paint for the nursery. We picked up "flat" gray, as well as "semi-gloss" gray - same shade. Neil believes the whole matte/gloss strip thing is going to be too much work and I'll stop mid-way...but I am so determined to do it! I love the look, and have been dying to do it in at least one of our rooms. The gray looks so good! This Friday we'll get the measurements done for the stripes and get the tape up...hopefully that wont take too long.
I was hunting on etsy.com - which is an every day occurance, and ran into this:

I love it so much. Ordering next week!!!!! I could spend all day on that site, mentally placing things around my house...

3 comments:

shannon said...

Just a note, and don't be discouraged. We did that stripe thing in Elsie's nursery and it was very very very difficult and took a long time and a few applications. It was super cute and worth the time, but just don't get frustrated and take your time.

Unknown said...

and it didn't even come out. I mean it really had to be in the right lighting to tell. The taping was the worst part. Plus I had to do it twice over because you couldn't tell. Just an FYI

Ali Winter said...

I love shopping on etsy too and that print is so cute! Sorry for your bummer news lately. I'm sure that is frustrating. But, you are right, got to focus on the positive and keep going! Yay for a little girl!!