Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Week of 1/10/2011 - hated you...

Last week was probably the worst week of my pregnancy. I made it 29 weeks w/o a bad one. I say that's pretty good. Let's just say that I'd rather be back in my 1st trimester, then have to deal with last week ever again. That just tells you how awful it was. It started off with a 3 hour long test on Monday at my ob/gyn office. The anticipation of the results lead to no sleep. No sleep = cranky Dawna. No bueno. Thursday I found out the results. I'm at work. I cannot stop crying. Hormones. Wow, was I losing it. I left work early. I find the nearest nail salon and get myself a manicure. (I would've gotten a pedicure, but the cheapest you can get one here is $25, and w/tip, I just didn't have that.) During the manicure, the tv was on to some talk show, and a guest was on talking about her previous pregnancy. I immediately thought, she's either going to talk about how she had gestational diabetes, or how she dealt with a hemorroid. God tends to talk to me through the strangest forms of communication. *Side note: um yeah....haha Hemorroid from hell found its way to me. Did.NOT.Help. that my week was already super lame, I now had to deal with this! Well, she discussed how she had one herself. And made the comment: "A hemorroid is your body telling you to get up and walk around." Oh. Have I been lazy? I started to think back in the last couple of weeks, and yeah....I've been doing a lot sitting around. Ooops. I've also been extremely tired lately.... It shouldn't have surprised me really, as I read about about how common they are during pregnancy. Every book/site warned me of it. I then made the conscious decision right then & there in Le Nails to be more active. That night I went to the gym with Neil & Leroy. Boy do I miss the gym. The smell almost had me in tears. I walked the treadmill for a bit. My lower abdomin was tightening, so I got off of that and went to the elliptical. Much better. The manicure + gym time didn't even help with my emotional state. I was getting real frustrated....

Friday I did get to a couple consignment stores, and found the PERFECT dresser for the nursery. But guess what? It was part of a set. And they wont separate it for a couple months...believe me, I plan to go in there in a couple weeks and see what it will take to separate it. A couple hours later I had my class w/a dietician to teach me how to check my levels and to inform me of what not to eat vs what's okay to eat. It seems pretty straight forward. Watch my carbs. That's easy. What wasn't easy? Sitting in that room for 2 hours straight. I was in so much pain!!!! Lower back pain + mr. hemy did not combine well with the most uncomfortable chair. I left there slowly, and painfully...but felt good mentally about this diet. I even went to Walgreens and picked up some supplies for my "issue" hoping to calm it down some - so I can walk like a human being in public. Well, my mood ended when I got home.... when I went to explain to my dear husband my diet, he comes back with "I don't want a chubby baby." What? He did some reading during his spare time at work. Great. He read that having pregnant diabetes can lead to big babies. Annnnnd eventually in life, there's a chance she could have diabetes. He gave me a speech about how I better stay on this diet, and really take this serious. Who was he talking to? Tears could not come down my face faster.
Oh, and to top it off, I was scheduled to work the box office that night. Wonderful.
I got myself ready and headed over to the Arena. The ladies immediately knew something was wrong, and as sweet as they are - they just comforted me and asked what was wrong. Uh. I'm thinking they regretted doing that. That lead to more tears, which lead to a bad night...mixed in with a bunch of goofing off to try and get me in a good mood. It did work, they know what to do to get me laughing. I love them. But I could not wait to get home. When I got home, I had dear friends waiting for me - the Hamps! They were over for some spaghetti and meatballs. Unfortunately, my bitchy mood didn't help and I was the WORST HOST EVER!!!! Looking back, I'm surprised they didn't walk out on me. Seriously.
I woke up Saturday, and I breathed a sigh of relief because I could tell I was in a better mood. Thankfully, because I had another night of box office work, and I had to close - which is an extra hour of work. Usually not a big deal. But when you're tired, your back hurts, and Mr. Hemy won't just leave me alone.....I knew I was in for a long night. After this long night though, I had dinner waiting for me - again - the yummiest wings ever!!!! Can you see my excitement? Can ya tell I'm pregnant? Food gets me so excited :)
By Sunday I was back to normal. Finally.
What a crappy week....
I was sad because it was the 1st time I really wasn't enjoying my pregnancy and just wanted it over with. But it's already the 2nd day into this week and I'm doing well :) I had an appointment yesterday and my girl is "a happy camper" with a strong heartbeat. Annnnd I got to question my doctor about mr.hemy and why the world seems to think preperation h is the solution 'cuz it's not. He actually said "that stuff is a joke, it doesnt work." So he prescribed me some good stuff, which seems to be working. Yippy!!!!

I promise, this is the end of this post. Sorry everyone.

No comments: