Thursday, January 13, 2011

dagnabbitt

...it's official. I have Gestational Diabetes.
My doctors office just started this new fancy shamcy thing where you can log in online, to their site, and have all your results right there in front of you. I signed myself up today and started the hunt hoping I can find results from my test this last Monday. And there it was. 2 out of the 4 tests were high. Shit. Within 15 minutes the office calls me and the nurse was so sweet. She remembers our phone conversation from last week and just knew I wouldn't be happy with the results. I told her that I had expected her call because I had seen the results online. I then asked, frog in throat, was it something I did? With a slight laugh she said no, honey it wasn't anything that you did and it really isn't a big deal. This is the end of your pregnancy and you'll be fine. You will have to watch what you eat from now on...........
That last sentence. Ugh. Thanks to my friend Natalie's blog about cereal, I was really looking forward to picking some up! Oh well. My plan to go back to "clean" eating is in full effect now.
This week has been full of no sleep, stress about baby names - yep, Caroline is out the window...as of last weekend, and just pure crankiness. This news did not help. But what will help? Cindy and I going to consignment stores tomorrow to hunt for a vintage dresser...eeek! Praying I find one JUST right. And her gift to us (on top of throwing me my shower) is getting us a stroller. So, we'll be picking that up as well....it looks like this:

Cute, huh? Neil made the comment (as he was zipping around Babies 'r Us testing it out) "orange is my favorite color, this stroller is AWESOME." Since when was orange his favorite color? I must be rubbing off on him... :) It's a Baby Jogger City Mini.

*sigh* the tissues continue to pile up....

No comments: