Thursday, December 2, 2010

name stress

I have always wanted kids. Whether I would be blessed with them or not, was never sure. Still, you would think that a name would be set. Over the years, with Neil teaching and all, he's come across every kind of name you could think of. And if you know me, you'd really think one had been planned. Well, guess what? That is not the case in the Hartman household. We can't settle in on one. We always loved the name:
Caroline
Now that it's a reality. Not so much. Well, for me anyway. You can't cut it short anyway that I like. I know you think that's strange. But this is what I think about at night when I can't sleep. Then there's the song "Sweet Caroline" - it doesn't bug me now, but will it? My entire life, except the years here in Erie, I've been sung "Oh Donna" by Richie Valens as soon as I've introduced myself. It never did bug me though. I liked it. As for other names we like:
Josephine
Lorraine
Vivienne
I'm sure the list will only get longer....
And as you can see, we like older names. We don't want to create a name or go with something more modern.
Oh and sharing these name ideas with others, doesn't help the situation. Do people have opinions or what?! My mother in law warned us "Don't tell anyone what you're going to name your child, it'll only make you mad." It hasn't made me mad, just more frustrated. I like hearing others opinions on things, it's just who I am. So if you're reading this, and want to give your opinion, please feel free.
Alright. I was hoping that posting this would help me, but now all I want to do is go name hunting again.

3 comments:

Sky said...

I think Caroline is a very pretty name. (I also love the song "Sweet Caroline" though, so that helps). Vivienne's my next favorite, and Josephine's quite nice also. Lorraine makes me think of Back to the Future, so that would be my last choice. Good luck name hunting!

DawnaHartman said...

Thanks for your input!
What's funny is, my husband likes the name Lorraine because it's from Back to the Future...

Unknown said...

I like Caroline too. Josephine was one of our top 3 names. It was actually the name we had picked for our girl until we became pregnant and you know how that goes. You know I love Vivienne (also another one of my choices) It is my mom's name so I'm a bit bias. I don't think Lorraine fits w/ you and Neil...that is just my opinion though. Caroline fits best I think.