Thursday, December 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Cali...

Mama loves you!!!!!!!
She may be crazy. And doesn't behave herself like a good baby doggie when people are around. But she is my munch and I love her OHHH so much!!!!
She turned 2 years old yesterday.
Such a big girl!
Neil and I always reminisce about how when she was 4 weeks old, it was mid-January and we went to just pick a pup out of the 4 that were left...in Pittsburgh, in the middle of a blizzard. It probably took us almost 3 hours to get there, but we didn't care. Our house was purchased, and we were moving in, in like 2 more weeks. We still can't believe we did that. We arrived and was greeted by Tyson, Cali's dad. Boy was he tough looking and scary. I look at the owner and ask the obvious "is it okay to pet him?" He laughed and said, you noticed he's the only one loose in the house? Neil and I immediately fell in love with Tyson...pure sweetness just poured out of this dog. We went upstairs and there were the 4 female pups. I picked up each one, hoping and praying I would just know which one to pick...after the 3rd one I got nervous. (We definitely accepted the fact that if I didn't connect with one, we'd just head back home.) I then looked up and saw one still in it's bed, just sitting there with this look like "who are you people?" I went and picked her up, she did exactly what I wanted her to do ....she shnuggled in my neck. (Just like Balboa did when I picked her up waaaaay back then!!!!!!!) I looked at Neil and said, she's the one! As I cuddled with my new pup, sitting on the floor, there was a certain father sitting right next to me, with his face in my face - I looked at the owners again and asked "is this something I should be nervous about?" And they laughed and said "He's just hoping you'll cuddle with him..." Thinking about that now, just how close Tyson had to be with me, Cali is exactly like that. Precious! She is soooo shnuggly and always has to be close. Especially at night when we're in bed. Who needs blankets in the winter when you have a doggie heater keeping you warm? (....but needs a fan on her at night in the summer....)
We were hanging out there for about an hour or so, and were so sad that we couldn't take her home right then. A week later we closed on our house. Week after that, moved in. Day after that, made a trip to Pittsburgh. Best weekend ever. As soon as I picked her up she gave me a little kiss on my face. I melted.
Here she is, our munch...



Love her!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy Birthday Cali-Cali!!!!

No comments: