Monday, December 27, 2010

My holiday season...

...was strange.
Since finding out I was pregnant, I have been taking one month at a time. I also kept thinking and discussing with Neil let's wait until after the holidays to get the nursery together... We both agreed that we didn't want to start buying things for the baby and nursery until the holidays were done.
They're done.
Just like that.
For me, it wasn't all warm and fuzzy. I just really wanted them over with. First time ever. The anticipation of 2011 and baby Hartman coming into the world, just over took me completely. I'm super ready to take down all the holiday decor and the tree...NOW...It's giving me anxiety that they're still up. And it's just December 27th.
However, I do want to share what amazing things did happen over the last week....

We had some friends, Clint and Minh visit from Chicago. The original plan was to all go over to the Atzert home and hang out. But due to the flu that attacked their household, plans changed to our house. Which was fine. My house was a disaster, but I had a couple hours to hide that. And it just so happened that I made a few batches of cookies that morning. So that worked out. :)
Clint and Minh brought dinner with them - PORTILLOS!!! Yum. Clint and Neil were in charge of prepping all of that....don't worry, Neil knows his way around the kitchen. The house started to fill with yummy smells, and fill up with some of our dear friends. Bearded friends at that. See what I mean....






Neil was off, starting last Thursday - and the personality change, there's nothing like it. Vacation Neil is soooo fun! (School/work Neil sucks. Weekend Neil is okay. Vacation Neil is the BEST!) We did some last minute shopping and just hung out. Christmas Eve we headed over to his mom's house for an all day event of eating and Christmas movie watching. My kind of day! We exchanged gifts with Cindy...she got us a video camera! Nothing too extreme, but just right for us. She is so thoughtful. Her main reason for getting it for us? So I can share baby H moments with my family. Love her. She can't help but give us money. And I was sort of, somewhat hoping for it - why? Because I've had my eye on this certain diaper bag for well over a year now. I blame Natalee Gregson. She has one, and once I have my mind set - there's really nothing that will compare. As soon as I saw hers, I took a picture of it and branded the name Petunia Pickle Bottom into my brain so I wouldn't forget. And I haven't. Trying to convince Neil to purchase this expensive bag for me, just wasn't working hahaaaa....and I wasn't surprised....so I knew I'd have to save up for it. Cindy gave me enough for more then half the price. And Neil surprised me with $$ as well. Best. Gift. Ever. - especially from him. So I have more then enough! Yippy!! Neil told Cindy what I had planned on doing with the $ - and the look on her face. haha "why would you want to spend that much money on something like that?...." Hey! Don't judge! (Of course I said it in a nicer tone. And it's not that expensive. Geez. Plus, I'm CA bred, does it surprise anyone that I'm somewhat this way?) *Whining* I can do whatever I want w/my Christmas money, so there!
Okay, enough of that nonsense....
This year was different as well because we decided not to give/send gifts to our list of peeps. That was hard for me because I love shopping, especially for others. But with baby H coming - add that to Neil's money anxiety - we thought it was best. I was hoping to catch my friends in time before they started to shop, but my "on top of it" friends had already started. We received some really great gifts. Best of all? This:

by Dave Quiggle

So, so, so sorry for the bad photo.
But how amazing right? Can you see how the little one has eyelashes? Just like her mama! This gift had me in tears.
There are only 4 more days in 2010...
Cannot wait for 2011.

No comments: