Thursday, April 29, 2010

Team Jack


Wow, I just realized what big smiles we all have on our faces. We just finished a 6.2 miles walk, running the very end of it because we wanted to finish within 2 hours... To be here, and be a part of this really meant a lot to me. I don't know Kevin and Taiya (the couple to your left) very well, but when the opportunity came to walk for this cause - Neil and I jumped right on it. As you can see, we are the only non-family members here... but we felt like family, and it will be a day I will never forget. (Taiya and Carly swear they didn't plan their outfits for the day - but come on!)

Kevin and Taiya lost their baby in child birth just about a month ago. Taiya heard of the March for Babies event, just a week before the walk...and the 2 of them decided to go for it. They got their team set up, and set a goal on an amount they'd like to raise. I mean, with only a week... they each put a low dollar amount. Kevin told me, during the walk of course, that he kept jumping up his goal because it kept being surpassed. How great is that?

The Fallons have many plans for next year already....team shirts, loading up on carbs the night before....I can already see this being a yearly tradition, and I am so happy to be a part of it.

No comments: