Monday, April 5, 2010

March Maaadness

I started the month off slowly getting off the "healthy eating" train...and within hours of landing in CA, I was completely off. (There was no way I'd be in CA for 5 days, and eat healthy...who are we kidding?) Weeks that followed, I did not improve these old habits of snacking, drinking soda, laziness... nope, I did not. Why? Birthday. I had it set in my head that my Birthday week would be filled with crap eating anyway....why eat healthy now?
But guess what? Birthday week is over - and boy did we celebrate!!! I'll have to post more about it in another blog because I have a few pictures to share - that I'm just too lazy to upload at this very moment (hence the word LAZY)...but it was a good time. Ate a LOT, and didn't make it into the gym all that much. (I even slept for 3 hours today, 3pm-6pm...with no attempts to make it to my 6:30pm Weights Class....laaaazzzzy and bleh.)

Neil and I, as you all know, love food. With the history in Neil's family, he should not be eating the way he eats. And we've come to the decision to eat healthy together. When I started the year off eating "clean" I did it alone. As of tomorrow, according to him "what you cook, I'll eat." We've decided that during the week, only healthy eating. Saturdays and Sundays, we can venture off a little bit. I mean come on, Spring is here - and grilling season is around the corner.... Burgers and hot fudge sundaes... We couldn't do without!

Today is Neil's last day of Spring break, and we're ending the vacation on a sluggish, but oh so yummy note: Chinese take out! And yes, today is Monday. But vacation ending trumps Monday. So there.

*Plus my goal of becoming a runner by the end of the year isn't going to happen on it's own. But now that the weather is nice, I'll take the attempt to the streets....

Tomorrow is a new healthy day! (I hope so anyway)

1 comment:

jenny freeman said...

we could be running buddies! i love it...what you cook, ill eat.. so awesome!