Monday, March 16, 2009

Post Wedding Weight

When my husband came into my life, I barely ate anything...weighing a mere 120 lbs.. For those of you who know Neil, you know he can eat. He can eat, and eat, and eat...and then eat some more. Usually my leftovers. For some off the wall reason, I felt I needed to keep up with this habit. I had been in such good shape my entire life, the most athletic, die hard work out fanatic - I couldn't gain weight. Yeah right! I did, and FAST! Months before the wedding I got a hold of myself and hit the gym religiously and was in great shape for the big day.
Within a month of married life, I quit my gym and just worked out with Tae-Bo videos and going for walks. That didn't last long...
40 pounds later - I reached my highest, gawd-awful weight ever!!! 160 lbs. This is embarrassing. I've never admitted to this weight, now even to Neil. Why? He weighs 165 lbs.. Typing this, this very moment is scaring the crud out of me. I can't believe I let myself go this much. The weight just crept up on me. From my last doctor's appt, I weighed 148 lbs...but that was last summer. I actually threw out my scale, and base my weight loss on the jeans that exist in all sorts of sizes that hang in my closest.

So - the point is. I'm over weight. Since I'm 5' 3", I should weigh between 110-125 to be "healthy"...I'm aiming to weigh 125-130. I like some meat on my bones, and the cut in my arms of muscle. This past winter, with the new house, and settling in....Not to mention, the depression (S.A.D.) that smacked me upside the head - I had zero motivation to hit the YMCA.

My goal: To lose my Post Wedding Weight by my 5th year anniversary. That gives me 4 months to get myself back in my size 7 jeans that I just won't give up.

I can't believe I just blogged about this...
I'm hoping this will motivate me.
What does help is my friends Dave and Sean who have the same mind set - to just get healthy. We have to at least try and work out daily, and inform one another of it...if not, you're LAME. Spring is just around the corner, and we can't wait to hit the tennis courts - and I personally can't wait to start training/walking Cali outside.

I can do this.
I know I can.
I'm sick of myself and my size 13 jeans.

2 comments:

nataleemarie said...

my love, I know you can do this!!!!

molly june. said...

you are so brave & honest & so much more BEAUTIFUL for it!! i need to get in shape too! it's so HARD!! wah. wah. wah. i'm done whining now! good luck mrs. hartman!! i think you're H-O-T-T no matter what size jeans you wear! :) xo