Thursday, March 26, 2009

Accountability

Not only have I been hitting the gym, I'm feeling quite addicted to it - "Is there a class available at 5:30? What about 10am on Mondays & Fridays?" I mean...how many more weight classes can one take? So far, I'm in love with 4 during the week. But to get me to do any sort of cardio is like pulling teeth - or more like stomping my feet, arms being thrown every which direction, with pure crankiness "I don't wanna!!!" I attempted a Kickboxing class on Tuesday, and am still feeling the post-pain from it as I sit. I almost walked out. But even though there was a class of about 30, I felt all eyes were on me. "They'll see me slip out"...is what kept running through my head as I guzzeled water down my throat.
What my friend Sean and I have decided to do is keep each other accountable - when one goes to the gym, we text each other stating things like "Ran this morning" or "Weight class". Just a simple text to make the other feel AWFUL if they didn't make it in that day...or if one decides to sit around and watch American Idol instead of hitting the Elliptical (which is what I did last night)...you can feel guilty. Which is what I feel. Guilty. So, tonight - even though I won't be released from the Arena until well after 8pm - I will make my way to the gym in hopes I can squeeze in at least 30 minutes of cardio before the lights go out. We'll see.

No comments: