Monday, December 29, 2008

9 days flew, 2 to go...

Our good friends Dave and Shannon, along w/their daughter Beatrice arrived 9 days, and some odd hours ago - and the time has flown by!!! As cliche as it sounds, time flies when you're having fun. A warm feeling came over me when I saw them for the first time at Shannon's parents house, as if I were back in CA. I was at the stove, frying up my cream cheese wontons (which is usually what I'm doing at a "family" gathering) chit-chatting with Shannon, catching up...and Neil and Davey close by laughing amongst themselves about who-knows-what...
The week continued with us getting together here and there - but it was as if time wasn't precious...they're here for awhile, right? The show came and went (which I'll post about more later) and it was a great time - good people all around us.
With 2 days remaining 'til they fly back to warm, sunny California - I want them all to myself!!! But I can't be selfish, no Dawna - they didn't come just to see you....they have family here. I really didn't think I'd feel this way, its a total shock. I'm naturally not a selfish person.... I think I'm starting to face the fact that I miss CA...and I don't want that. It's probably best they leave, it's making me toooo homesick!!
A part of me feels as if I can just pick up everything I own and just drive back to California - my safety zone - and continue where I left off there. Is this me just giving up? I think so. Thank God my husband would never read this, because if he did - he'd be packing me up the second he laid eyes on this blog. He misses CA more then I do, but I feel it's all emotional, not practical. We have a house just waiting for us, with a SOLD sign leaning up against the post (the wind knocked it down) and screaming for a new interior paint job. The house needs us, and we need it. I truly feel this is where God wants us. At least for the time being...
With that note...I have really enjoyed the time spent w/my friends, and I pray they return to their home safely. I hope it's not too long before I see them again....

No comments: