Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Countdown begins - 31 days 'til closing

It's December 17th, and in exactly 31 days my husband and I will be "closing" on our 1st home. That is, if things run smoothly. It has been 11 days since we put an offer on the house, 9 days since we had a conversation w/the seller via the 2 realtors that represented both us and the seller. That night our 2nd offer was accepted. 5 days later we had a "home inspection" which brought to light quite a few negatives in the house, but a majority of them Neil and I will eventually get fixed. Today Neil signed off papers explaining to the "seller" what we would like them to fix before we close. We are now awaiting their answer. I feel we are being reasonable, and I just pray they feel the same.
I can't express how nervous and excited I am about this entire process...and just how anxious I am to make this house our home. I must admit, I've been losing sleep over paint colors, and decorating ideas... my brain cannot relax! Talking with my friend Shannon today made me realize I couldn't live with myself, living in a "neutral" colored home. I'm a creative person. Now, if I can only get my husband to stop thinking neutral/warm colors, I'd be a happy lady. This is what Shannon had to say about that: "tell him if he really wants you to keep your color palate neutral that he should start buying you a collection of teddy bears and a giant glass display case for the living room." One of many quotes that made me laugh out loud today in my office...


No comments: