Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy 2009!

I was terrible at taking pictures these last couple of weeks - but here are some highlights...
Christmas with the Quiggles:

I did attempt to get a group shot, but that didn't work out. (aka, the Q's are too tall versus what I had to work with.)
Christmas in Erie was amazing! I have to admit, it was the 1st Christmas I've spent where I was totally at ease...no irritation. We did have snow!!! And spending time here, with Neil and my mother-in-law was just amazing. Not only was I spoiled from them, gifts were sent to me (us) from some of our bestest friends in CA. I made out big time:

Two days later, Forward Hall hosted "Decembercon" aka Shockwave. I was completely blown away by the entire night!!! Our friends Ryan and EMS did such a great job putting this show together. It couldn't have gone off any better. Shannon and I spent nearly 4 hours putting the merch together the night before, organizing and what not. Am I glad we did that!!! Here is an after shot of what was a very full cooler of hoodies - and a picture of a packed house...

The night ended by heading over to Fox and Hound, eating and spending time with some of the guys. The week continued with Neil and I both off from work - and being able to hang out with friends. Not only were the Quiggles here in town, but our dear friend Jon was home for a short vacation from his duty as a US National guard. Being able to spend time with him and his wife Laura was awesome!
Today is the 1st, and I pray that 2009 will be as productive for Neil and I as 2008 was... I do have a New Years resolution, which is to take care of myself physically - get myself to the gym more often, and eat healthier. I may even blog about my status...who knows.
Neil and I are just weeks away from closing on our house...we can't express just how excited we are about moving in! I really can't wait because I have waited over 4 years to make a home for us...and paint walls the colors I want to paint them...

No comments: