Friday, January 9, 2009

Cali vs. Cobra

Neil and I have been on a crazy man-hunt for a baby doggie. This dog would belong to me. Mine. (In the end, this dog will probably favor Neil) I have checked high and low w/every dog rescue in the 200 mile radius in hopes that we could rescue a dog. Cleveland Rescue wouldn't adopt out of Ohio. Buffalo Rescue won't adopt out of New York. Pittsburgh didn't have any dogs I'd be interested in. And I know, I'm rescuing a dog - why be so picky? You must ask yourself, have you not met Dawna Editha Hartman? Then the search began in the "puppies for sale" websites.

As of 3 days ago, I was driving 4 and a 1/2 hours to pick up the sweeeetest looking dog (which was a rescue pup): boston terrier, chihuahua mix named Baxter. I was in contact w/the foster family, and it looked to be a done deal. Then snow happened. Then the thought kicked in we'd be traveling 9 hours in 1 day. I had Neil make the very sad phone call that we wouldn't be able to meet Baxter. I was in tears (no surprise there).
In the last 48 hours we've checked every site that is available to our fingertips. This is what our eyes were looking for:
Pit Bull Terrier
Pit Bull Terrier mix
Puppy (6-8 weeks)
White w/tan or brown markings
You must all be thinking? A pit bull? Yes. I adore them!!! If trained and treated properly, they can be one of the most amazing dogs you'd ever be in contact with.
Now, some of you know my husband - and those closest to him know how much he adores Chihuahuas. You didn't mis-read that, it's true. He loves 'em. After I made arrangements to meet the potential Cali, the pit bull - who is located in Pittsburgh - I wanted to take one last glance at the Pittsburgh site to see if I could maybe meet another dog...if they were in the area. And low and behold I come across black and white male chihuahuas. They're precious! Of course Neil's face just brightened right up! He made the phone call instantly and made arrangements.

So here it is: Cali vs. Cobra Commander....
sorry for the small photo:

No comments: