Saturday, July 19, 2008

Summer living in Erie...

...in a week, I have discovered some amazing things about Erie. I'm trying to "take advantage of the sunny days" and get out as much as possible. I just want to be outside.
While Neil and Sean decided to watch movies, staying indoors, Autumn and I decided to hit the Cherry Festival for some goodies.
Here is Owen people watching, which we were entertained doing as well...
...and we added snackies to the entertainment:
Yep, that's a fried twinkie...pure sweet goodness.
The following day, we headed to Pittsburgh...staying indoors ALL day at a show. Jesus Wept, amazing - no shocker there. It was one long day though, and we arrived back into Erie pretty late. The next day was Sunday, we went to church and then had lunch - spending time with Sean (Ice House) who was able to visit for a day. After lunch, we went back...indoors...again and watched "Dawn of the Dead" - let me just say, I'm not into gore, or zombies - but a week prior to this moment I actually said "The only way I'll watch that movie is if it's in the middle of the day and there are people around me." I got busted by my own self. I have to admit, the movie wasn't bad - don't tell Sean.
Next up: an afternoon of OUTDOOR activities, celebrating the 30th birthday of Adam Salaga. Today was so much fun. I love to host parties, and Cindy allows us to throw a couple bbq's here and there for our friends in her home, and we couldn't thank her enough for it. We grilled up some meat for tacos, which was perfect because Neil and I have missed mexican food so much. Badminton was set up outside, and a football was available to throw around. The sun was shining, and we had good friends all around - it was a perfect afternoon. As the party started to dwindle, the hang out crew remained and played badminton until the sun set. Here are a few photos from this day...

I finally made my way to the beach at Presque Isle this last Thursday, and just had some time to myself with a book and music. It was perfect.
We ended the week by having some of the guys over for burgers and badminton. It was a good week.

No comments: