Monday, March 22, 2010

CA March 2010, Mr and Mrs Freeman

I made my way out to California (I can never stay away...) and I went out for one purpose....to be by Miss Jenny Murphy as she prepared for her wedding day. Through all the stresses and little sleep - I survived. The 5 days just flew by. (I would like to thank Starbucks and Redbull for helping me stay awake through those 5 days.)
My first day was non-stop. I woke up at 2:30 am, eastern standard time and headed to Buffalo, NY where I then ended up in NJ. With that....the next flight into San Diego was almost 6 hours. I had plans to sleep, but the idiot that I am, I paid the $6 for Direct TV. I got caught up in everything. The Blindside was playing on one channel, then Dexter, Nurse Jackie on another....etc.... It was ridiculous. I finally turned my ipod on, and dozed off. But that lasted about 20 minutes. The stewardess walked by, and I politely asked for "COFFEE PLEASE?" I knew my day was going to be geared by excitement, and caffeine.
As I walked my way down to baggage claim I spot Jenny before she sees me and I ran and squeezed her tightly. It was so great to finally hug her and be there with her.
We headed to Fashion Valley, got Rubios (yum), and had to deal with some returning and buying of make-up. The rest of the day is a blur...all I know is we did the following:

Purchased a 4 pack of Redbull
Stopped at her apartment to drop off my stuff
Vans Store (I needed a new pair of slip ons - they don't have a Vans store in Erie!)
Starbucks
Nails
A bunch of wedding stuff......

The rest of the week consisted of being by Jenny's side and helping her with last minute stuff and decisions. I did a couple of stuff for the wedding, calligraphy-wise...and catching up with her wonderful family that came down from Utah. I just adore the Murphy clan so much! It was so great to see them, and spend time with them. Also, my girl Kelly Wildman came down Thursday and remained in Escondido the rest of the weekend. Of all of Jenny's friends, I know Kelly. So, it was great for me to have her there. :) Getting to know Jenny's other friends, was such a blessing for me as well. She is truly blessed. These friends in her life - AMAZING.

So I didn't take many photos of this trip - I'm losing my touch, I know.... But after I realized I didn't take many, I made a vow to myself that I will never let that happen again. Seriously.
But what I did take.....
Gettin' her nails did.

Dawna and Jenny (yep, not many from my 1st day, until the day. I'll have to steal some from Rene)

Almost Mr & Mrs Freeman....too an hour later as Mr. and Mrs. Freeman....

Dancing with her father (wesssiiide Pat!)


The following day, which was my last day - I spent the 1st 1/2 with the Dunns, which I didn't get any pictures of except of their gorgeous landscaping.... We did breakfast, then church. Then afterwards, went to lunch with Gin and Brooke. I'll have to steal pictures from Virginia as well... And the 2nd 1/2 of the day was with Carol, Zach, Stella and Murphy....which I'm really upset because I didn't take any photos of our adventurous night together. We ate In 'n Out Burger for dinner (mmmmm...) and went hunting for big bags of hot cheetos. We hunted in every grocery/convenient store in San Diego it seemed...and came up empty handed. (I also needed magazines for my trip home.) Finally, in I think a Rite-Aid, by her old apartment did she dig up 2 bags that were hidden. Best bags of hot cheetoes. Ever. It was great being able to spend time with Carol, because I hardly ever get to. Strangely enough, as we were trying to figure out what to do w/ourselves for the night ahead....as we walked the streets of SD....we discovered that we were both 2 episodes behind on this season of Lost. Perfect. So, that's what we did. After all the hunting, we cozied up on the couches and relaxed (sort of) with Lost.

It was a great last day in CA.

1 comment:

molly june. said...

it was SO good to see you. you are just beautiful dawna! and that jenny, her wedding was just perfect. xo.