Monday, September 14, 2009

Jon Beckman is back! + The Sounds


= one hell of a great weekend!
My weekends start on Thursdays, after work. So...Thursday, after work Neil, Sean and I headed to Corry to hang out with Laura for the night. It was the week of the Spartansburg Fair, so we thought we'd go & check it out. Laura is from this quaint little town, and has gone to this fair every year - since she was real young. I can see why. We parked the car at her parents house, walked 2 blocks & we were there. Who wouldn't go every night, every year when you live that close? We definitely didn't think we'd see anyone we knew - but guess what? We were wrong. Our friends Joy & Richard were there. It was so nice seeing them!!!! What was also great about this night was Laura informed us that Jon could possibly be home in just 2 or 3 days. So awesome!
After Neil filled his belly w/Fair food, and Laura got her Maple milkshake - we made our way home. It was a great night.

Adding to the weekend was the purchase of tickets for a concert in November. The Sounds! I was introduced to this band, easily less then a year ago...and I love them! It was a surprise to me, just hours before the No Doubt concert, that they were opening - and Erin & I just about jumped out of our skin hearing the news. I have been on their trail ever since just hoping they'd make there way back. And they are! Myself, along with Neil, Sean, and Sean's friend Nicole, will be driving to Cleveland on Nov. 2nd to see them. We are all so excited! The bonus is Neil is going. It's a Monday, and we all know Neil does not like to do stuff on School Nights. But with his new promise to be a better best friend to me - he agreed :) And I couldn't be happier. I just adore my husband, and I love, love, love having him by my side during events like this. It does help when he loves the band just as much as me...

No comments: