Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Hi September, you're early

I love this month. September is the month that leads you right into the holiday season... the Hartmans have a gazillion birthday wishes to send off - which starts the holiday festivities. Am I ready? No. Disappointed in me? Yes. At the start of the summer, Neil and I vowed to be ahead of September. Let's purchase birthday cards early, let's get presents all ready to go... Then when Sept is done, we'll prep for Christmas. Welp. None of this happened. September is here, and well... not prepared. But moving forward...I am excited for the Fall season. The California girl in me is just itching to experience Fall to it's fullest again... I'm excited to pull out my Fall decor, and even more excited to purchase more! Yankee Candle is just calling my name, crying out for me to buy some sort of Pumpkin-Spice-Autumn-Candy-Corn smelly goodness. (I can smell it all now.) My 1st real "decorting" holiday in my own home. Feels good. (I know, I know...What about Valentines, St. Pattys, or 4th of July... I just didn't think about it, ok!?)

*Side Note* Summer was so humid, rainy, and miserable - I'm just ready for it to go away!

I also told Neil I'm going to master new dinner and dessert recipes. I'm pulling out every cookbook I have, along w/the plethora of cookbooks my mother-in-law has..and just start experimenting. I truly feel God blessed us with this home, to share with friends and family... and I want to start new traditions with them. When Neil and I dreamed about owning a home, we always invisioned friends sharing it with us...
Mmm. Hopefully I won't scare them away with my cooking....

1 comment:

molly june. said...

oh, dawna! i just love you! i can smell that yummy candle now!! mmmmmmmmmm :)