Thursday, July 2, 2009

CA 2009

So this last week Neil and I made our way to good ol' California. We had mixed feelings going into the week. Very excited to have the time off of course, but dreading all that comes with visiting CA. The traffic, the dry heat, the chaos of driving too and fro. We love, love, love being in CA - visiting our friends....we just look at it differently now. Now, about the trip:

FYI style - sorry.
Night 1...
Late night fly in, pick up by Mr. Dunn. (Excited to be hanging out w/this guy)
Donut Corner, then Albertos (diet out the door at this point).
Day 1...
Rental car pick up.
Visit Transducer Techniques, my old work place.
Pedicure at my most favoritest nail salon: Instyle Nails.
In 'n Out for lunch. (Mouth literally watering right now thinking about this place)
Temecula Mall - saw the upgrades. Jealous that it's so AWESOME now!!!
Stir Fresh for dinner w/dear friends. (Jenny brought her b/f Ryan, so happy for my Jenny).
Donut Corner - again.
Day 2...
San Diego/La Jolla/Seaport Village/Downtown San Diego...yummy Mexican food!!
Neil had a guys night at Claim Jumper. I had my Jenny come visit me. Lots of girl talk!
Day 3...
Lunch w/some of my girlfriends at Red Robin.
Said bye to Jason, so sad.
Drop off luggage in Menifee. Spent some time w/the Q's & Nat...and finally met Baby Elsie! (She is absolutely precious!!!)
Headed to Redlands to visit my love, Natalee who is 7 months pregnant.
Market Night. We love us some Market Night :) Especially on such a beautiful night, and especially when you add Cucas to the night.
Back to Menifee. Davey joined us for Santanas mexican food. Super Nachos!! (again, no diet).
Day 4...
Vegas. My girlfriend Brooke tagged along for the weekend. So glad she did. :)
Arrived in Henderson where Eva now lives w/her husband Tony. Saw family.
Got our nails did.
Roasted in the 105 degree heat.
Brooke & I got some amazing blended fruit drinks next door to the salon. (Mine came with Red Bull blended right in. I needed this...soooo good!)
Checked into hotel. We stayed at Hooters - come on, it was cheap. Don't judge.
Dinner at Hard Rock.
Dessert in my room.
The other girls continued on partying it up Vegas style. Brooke & I were out. So tired.
Neil came back from walking the Vegas strip & we enjoyed some 25 cent wings downstairs in the Hooters restaurant. Wings + quality time w/the husband = nice relaxing way to end the night.
Day 5...
Lay out by the pool.
My friends Liz and Beka came to join us.
Eva & Tony's reception at the MGM Grand. (This hotel is super impressive! And fancy)
35th floor penthouse. Balcony that will make anyone dizzy.
Day 6...
Morning lay out by the pool. (Brooke & I were desperate for a tan...)
Drive back to CA.
Joined the Q's and E's in their backyard.
Portillo's for dinner. (Cheese fries, sooo good. Thanks to Bea for reminding me!)
Day 7...
Goodbyes at TTI.
In 'n Out for lunch.
Juice it Up!
Hang out by the pool w/Nat and Baby E..
Met Virginia in Murrieta at Los Primos. (So awesome to finally see her!!!)
Quality time with Virginia :)
Back up to Menifee for our last night in CA.
(Neil made his way back to In 'n Out w/DQ. Thankfully he brought some back to me! And a chocolate shake...)
Day 8...
Shannon and Bea took us to the SD airport. We were very happy to be heading home, but dreaded the travel time that came along w/it. We didn't roll into Erie until after 2:30AM. Being able to see my baby doggie was so great! I missed her so much!!!!!!
This time in CA was a reality check for us. We have a love/hate relationship with Southern California. We were always right in the middle with how we felt about moving back there. It seems less likely that we'll ever end up back in CA. In 2 or 3 years, we'll see how we feel.

No comments: