Friday, May 16, 2008

Pismo Beach - March 1st & 2nd

The Dunn's and the Hartman's trip to Pismo Beach was probably one of the biggest highlights of the year for me. It was just relaxing, good times w/our best friends. I'm so glad we did this... We drove up on a Saturday pretty early in the morning to get to Pismo in time for lunch.

At the Splash Cafe - home of the best Clam Chowder - I don't like Clam Chowder, but I got this breaded chicken sandwich which was amazing! According to the others, the Clam Chowder was yummy...


Afterwards we walked the downtown strip & checked out the shops, which is my favorite thing to do there. Then we walked the pier...

The weather was absolutely perfect! After that we drove up to Cambria to check out their downtown and to check into our hotel.
Jason & Virginia took us to their favorite hiking place by the ocean
...it was quite windy.


Virginia and I are trying to pose for this picture - thankfully we were wearing sunglasses because our hair would've whipped right into our eyes and sliced them.

Downtown Cambria:
We spent about an hour or so here just window shopping. It was so cute, I loved it. We then went to dinner, not together, but to different restaurants. Neil and I walked up from the restaurant J & V love and spotted this tavern called "The Brambles" dinner house. Yum! And the atmosphere was so cozy with candlelit dinners and a fire blazing in the fire place. We were so into this place that we were discussing during dinner how we couldn't wait to come back. But when the check came, there was a note attached to the bill stating that the restaurant was closing... how sad. We were soooo bummed! It was impossible to take pictures inside, it was too dark - and you know what flash does to pictures...

The following day was very FUN. Neil and I went to Hearst Castle:

We then went to San Luis Obispo for some shopping. Why this is only picture of the 4 of us that I have - is beyond me. I'm just now realizing this...how lame are we!?

Here is "Gum Alley":

As you can see here, this is Neil's worst nightmare...

We headed back to Pismo Beach for dinner and sunset by the pier:
This was a great weekend.

No comments: