Saturday, October 13, 2007

What a week!


For about a year, the girls and I at work have been scheming together a 40th Birthday party for a supervisor at my work. 40th is big! The last 2 weeks have been pure chaos for us, trying to keep it away from Blake & making sure everyone in the office was involved. Chaos.
Wednesday night we made our way to Party City after work & then rushed back to decorate. That took about an hour or so to do. There was a slight problem - the streamers wouldn't stick. His office - just didn't like them. But we doubled up on tape & just hoped for the best. The turn out wasn't so bad. Take a look:

I actually think we added quite a bit more then what is shown here. This is what we thrive for at work. Keeping secrets from the birthday boy, or girl. And then just wait for them to walk in & have their faces light up. It's so much fun!
We decorated the lunch room as well. For the following day, Thursday, we set up a luncheon & had everyone bring food and desserts. There was so much food, it lasted for Fridays lunch :)
Blake was really, really surprised to walk into an office full of people wearing black & food & a decorated office. He had no idea.
We did it...

Well, it didn't stop their. The owners birthday is this upcoming Monday - but rumor has it, he wasn't coming into work. How were we going to put something together in just a few hours & have it ready by Friday? How is this?!!! Last year, we almost gave him a heart attack. And since we just did a crazy 40th - we were just wanting something low-key. So, this is what we did. We just got together and went shopping...

He loves the Raiders (I don't know why), so there are bowls there...Popcorn, loves popcorn. And we THINK he likes Snickerdoodle cookies. So there you go...Happy Birthday Randy!
Okay, so here is the kicker....the plan: Dawna, get up extra early (I don't sleep anyway) and go decorate the outside of his office...he locks his office doors....sure, why not!
What happened: Woke up at 510am, got ready. Went to Starbucks (yum), then headed to work. As I pull in to our parking lot, who's BMW is parked in it's usual spot? Mr. Randy Baker himself. I almost cried. Cried. What could I do? I walked right in his office, handed him the basket & wished him a Happy Birthday. Oh, I of course informed him who the basket was from...and that I was there so early to decorate - He felt soooo bad. He loves birthdays, and loves what we do for birthdays. It was a straight bust. 1st one ever actually.

Well, then. Friday started off w/a bust, but it ended quite well. I met Neil at his school right after work - it was the night of their Harvest Festival & his class was in charge of the Face Painting Booth....So much fun, right? Yes! 3 hours of non-stop painting little munchkins. Adorable. This little girl - had her hair spray painted (Done at another booth) -I hope that washes out quickly. She's actually one of Mr. Hartman's (Mr.H) students. This was my 1st butterfly of the night, and it's not THAT great - but Neil took the picture & I'll take what I can get.
I did master a couple of things though...Flowers, Spiders, Ghosts...and then Spider webs, with a spider on it. That was the most popular of night. I did a ton!
Neil was very impressed. This kid was the last of the night....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ok so I added you as one of my links on my blog, but then I realized you have a cracked out picture of me on yours. Please remove this photo immediately or else...Thanks, Love you!