Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Fires all around...

So, I'm sure everyone has heard - we are surrounded. Fires. And to think this all started due to possible arson. Lame.

Here are a few shots that I took
all day, starting w/my drive to
work at 6:30am...

Driving to work was just mind-boggeling. I couldn't take my eyes off of the sky. And this is just an ounce of what is really out there. All that's burning, does not compare to that bit of sky that you see here. For some reason, we have clear skies - the winds are blowing away any smoke or haze that wants to come out way - into our valley.
Our friends, the Dunn's, evacuated last night, out of Fallbrook & are hanging out in Menifee for the next couple of days. From an update I received from Virginia today is: their house is still standing - Jason made a drip up the mountain to check it out - Why? Because he's crazy....but what he discovered was the city of Fallbrook itself is covered in smoke and ash.

According to the news - certain areas are contained - but more are not.

12pm.









2pm









3:30pm After work.

No comments: