Saturday, October 20, 2007

Very long weekend....

Friday: Went in for surgery for the 2nd time on my mouth. Back in August, I had to go into surgery to attach gold chains to the adult teeth that never dropped. My oral surgeon Dr. Izadi went in and opened the roof of my mouth - attached one end to the adult teeth, and tied the other end to my brackets. Every 3 weeks, I go in to see my Orthodontist & he slowly tightens the chains in hopes that it'll pull my very stubborn adult teeth down. Well, about a month ago, one of the chains decided to detach itself from my adult tooth & make it's way down & out of my gums. Painful, yes. But I had a moment of excitement hoping that it was an actual tooth. But that turned to doubt & a lot of tears when I realized it was a flat gold piece that was making it's way out. Bummed.

I went in yesterday to get that one re-attached. Dr. Izadi told me he would be more aggressive with the tooth - he couldn't be positive on whether it was the bond that gave up, or if it was my tooth that was no way wanting to budge. I woke up in a lot more pain. I'm still in pain. Which is weird because the last time, I barely had any pain at all. God please let this work....

I slept a majority of the day, which was nice. :) I haven't been able to sleep in a couple weeks now. The anesthesia was a gift from God, that's for sure. I feel very well rested. Last night, Neil and I went grocery shopping. Which is one of my favorite things to do w/Neil. We love food & love to cook - so it's always fun to shop. We were on a tight budget, but we did very well keeping it under.

Today, we woke up w/cleaning on our minds. We spent 2 hours just busting it out. Our apt looks so spic and span, I love it. We re-arranged our downstairs - slightly, but I like it.

Tonight, on the other hand will be really fun. Date night. Neil and I will be going to the movies. It's been a really long time. We're going to see "We Own The Night" w/Mark Walberg & Joaquin Phoenix. I'm so glad we will be able to do this. Yesterday was not so pleasant. I need a night out, if you know what I'm sayin'! And....Neil has his spaghetti & meatballs simmering on the stove. Very yummy. He hasn't made it in awhile - and he usually makes it for other people...but tonight, it's all for me. :)

Later on tonight - we'll be joining the birthday girl of the weekend - Alyssa at ET's - her favorite hole-in-the-wall bar. Cherry Cokes for me! It should be a good time....

Tomorrow - Church in the A.M. Then Football, all day. Oh, and I have to do laundry - I love doing laundry.

No comments: