Thursday, June 9, 2011

phew!

I made it through yet another cold winter here in Erie. Why am I blogging about this fact in June you ask? Well, it was literally cold a month ago. I was waiting for the consistency of warm days, and it's finally happened! Yippy! Of course now that the heat is here, I have something to complain about - the humidity. You have no idea what this does to my hair. Thankfully I have found a wonderful product that controls this frizz-chaos: Pureology Super Straight serum. It's amazing! The price? Not so much. I was hunting around on ebay looking for shoes, and I thought to hunt for this stuff...and look! There it was. After great communication with the seller, I found out she had only used it twice, and it didn't work for her - what?! I put a bid in, and WON!!! Yay. I got it for only $10. Okay, and another thing - unlike my husband, mr. i don't sweat, I sweat. With this humid/thick air, it's like no mercy. I have no escape. At least in CA, you can hide under a tree, and there's usually always a breeze.


Okay. Why am I complaining? This is stupid. There's no snow on the ground, and it's above 50 degrees. Shut.Up.

Jos is giggling. Good grief it's the cutest thing! And talking. When I read books to her, she talks back - I'm like, pay attention missy...she just comes back at me with a smile. Adorable.
And she's growing out of her clothes!!! Ahhhh, I need to do more shopping! She's fitting perfectly in 3 month sizes, and I'm pretty sure next week they won't fit. Well...3 month onesies & sleepers. Her 0-3 month pants still don't fit around her waist. It's hot, she doesn't need to be in pants - I know. She does have some adorable dresses that are so close to fitting her! Yay!
She's almost rolling over. She's kind of been at this stage for awhile, mainly because she likes to sleep on her side. It's so cute watching her get comfortable. When it's nap time, she always prefers her crib where she can talk to her friends that float above her in the mobile. Love her!

Tomorrow is Neil's last day of work for the summer. I'm bringing Josie in to show her off to his co-workers. Of course, Neil doesn't understand the chaos/infatuation of a new baby. When I brought this up to him, he was like "why?" I said, just inform the ladies in the office that I'm thinking about it, and you see their reaction. Of course, I was right. They are so excited. Us women and babies. Don't men understand?

Don't have any new pictures of Jos. I'll post them when I take more.
Next week the Q's are coming into town. I can't explain just how excited we are! Having good friends meet Jos is so fun. I can't wait.

2 comments:

Sky said...

I'm so glad it's finally warm now too! I'll take the humidity over the snow any day :-)

Haha, nope, men just don't understand. Babies are for awesome!

jmosizzle said...

ahhhh so cute dawna! i can just picture how much fun you are having with Jos... so jealous yet SO happy the Qs get to meet her : ) cant wait for oliver to meet his future bff? haha... love you dawna!