Saturday, June 18, 2011

Happy 1st Father's Day

Happy 1st Father's Day to Neil!!!
He is truly the best father.
His father would be proud.
His grandfather would be extremely proud.
I am so blessed, Josephine is blessed.
I have to be honest, when I was pregnant with Josephine, I was a bit nervous. Neil didn't seem to understand the pregnant-lady struggles. He definitely didn't know how to handle my emotional breakdowns. And those happened quite often. I just really didn't know what to expect once she came into the world. Especially not having an ounce of experience with babies... He really impressed me. He just jumped right into fatherhood. I don't even think I made a bottle in the 1st month of her existence. And with our washer & dryer down in the basement - Neil was on laundry duty for about 3 weeks. He hated it, but didn't complain.
As Josephine is getting older, and her personality is starting to come through - Neil is really enjoying this whole parenting thing. He loves making her laugh, and reading to her...it melts my heart to see them together.
What is so amazing? That I can leave for hours at a time and don't have to worry - at all! Since he's off for the summer, it's daddy-daughter time 3 days a week. This last week was his first week doing this...he looked a bit drained at the end of each day...and made a comment like: I really need to thank my mom...those are long days...Uh. Thanks babe...I took that as a compliment to me as well....
Happy Father's Day babe!!!!!! I love you.
This video is from day 2 of him being a daddy: Neil 03-20-11

1 comment:

Texan'sBumbleBMommy said...

That video was sooo cute! Neil looked like he was gonna throw up he was so nervous!! He's a pro now! It only gets better with the Daddy's Dawna...just wait till she runs up to him when he comes home from work, or tells him she loves him. Girls and their Daddy's...I just can't wait for that.