Wednesday, June 15, 2011

DownInTheDumps

I took my usual Tuesday night weights class last night. I've been back at the gym, taking this class, along with one other for about 6 weeks now. I don't feel like I'm getting stronger. I didn't realize what great shape I was in before pregnancy - until now. I knew it would be hard, and continue to be hard - but man. I didn't think it'd be this hard. During the ab section of the class, I was having a heck of a time pulling off the moves. I eventually gave up, and just went back to the basic sit-up. My instructor made it a point to make a comment at the end of class that it takes a really long time to get back to doing such hard moves after a long break from doing it...especially after surgery. She had a c-section herself about 8 years ago, so she must feel my pain. Guaranteed she bounced back a lot faster - she's in incredible shape, and has been at it for like 15 years. But annnnywaaays.
I guess I thought it would easier to jump right back into it. Not to mention I'd like to get back to jogging. Pre-pregnancy, I was doing 3 miles and getting good at it. And it took me a long time to get to that point. I have to start all over again...Ugh.
I'm going to try things a little different this time around. I found this article online, and it provided a guide to follow. For example: Walk 5 mins., jog/run 1 minute - do this for 30 minutes. Once I can do that, walk 4 mins., jog/run 2 mins....and so forth... Seems pretty simple. Eventually I should be able to run the entire 30 minutes, and then progressively get faster. My ultimate goal is 3 miles in 30 minutes. I wonder if I can do this by the end of the year?
Another thing that has me downinthedumps: My mother hasn't met Josephine yet.
No comment on that really.
But you know, at the end of the day - God has blessed me with this amazing little family.
Look...I'm already feeling better. :) Josephine is SOOO fun these days. Talking and smiling. Neil sent me this picture at work today:




Seriously. I died. She looks so cute. And if someone can find me a hat that's infant size, and white - I would greatly appreciate it because this navy blue one isn't going to cut it. It doesn't match anything in her wardrobe! Goodness I love her!!! Wow. Feeling a lot better now.

1 comment:

Texan'sBumbleBMommy said...

Dawna...Josephine is gorgeous!! I love pics from Daddy at work! They melt my heart!
My Mother didn't see my daughter till she was 4 months old...although I'm sure for a much different reason than yours...I know the emptyness you feel. I'm here if ever you want to talk:)