Tuesday, March 8, 2011

EVA

My older sister Eva came out the weekend of my shower - how sweet is that?!

It was so nice to finally have someone from my family come visit me here in Erie. This May we will have been here for 3 years. Can you believe it? Because I can't. It was awesome to show her my home, and take her around Erie. The trip was a great success and we did a TON!
But first, let's talk about the surprises she brought me. This entire pregnancy, I've craved foods I can only get in CA. She came w/a cooler packed with goodies. Take a look:


She actually found a mexican restaurant up in northern CA that made California burritos... Of course, she made sure they made it the way I like it. And it was AMAZING!!!! What else did she bring? Tacos and a jumbo jack from Jack in the Box. Cheeseburger from In n Out. Del Scorchio sauce from Del Taco. Mmmmmm.

What else did she bring us? Bath and Body Works goodness. We are fully stocked. Believe me. She wasn't joking around. My favorite scent, that they discontinued, but brought back as part of their "classic" series and resold recently. You should see the closet in my bathroom. I'm set for years....

Well, that Friday was a BIG day. I had a sonogram that morning, Eva and Neil joined me for that. Eva and I then went and ate breakfast at Cracker Barrel. Then we made our way up to Niagara Falls. It was freezing!!! (Oh, side note: I went down the wrong street, and then ended up on bridge of no return...we paid a little visit to Canada. Since I don't have a passport, I filled out some paperwork, and we made our way back. It was quite ridiculous. Why couldn't I just turn around? Oh well.) After Niagara Falls, we headed back down to Erie, with a few pit stops. Red Robin, Buffalo Mall, and a Joann's Superstore were all on the list...I told you, big day.

I'll post about my shower next - but it was a great weekend. Eva was real patient with me. Whenever I got tired or cranky, we just slowed down. What was part of the slowing down process, snacking it up while watching Grey's Anatomy. (I got her hooked.)

We were both terrible at taking photos!!! She did get some...but w/the amount that we did, we should have soooo much more.

1 comment:

Ali Winter said...

Yum!!!! I would love to eat In-N-Out!! What a sweet sister!!