Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Baby Shower

My mother in law is the BEST!
She hosted my baby shower, and it was absolutely wonderful. It was held at The Oakwood, aka McGarrey's - my favorite restaurant here in Erie. I have a hard time with attention on me. I don't like it. So, having this shower for me, was hard to swallow. As soon as friends and family started to show up, I felt completely at ease. It was such a good time. Cindy kept things flowing, and it went off without a hitch. We ordered our food (I got the Taco Salad mmmm), and we did some low key games, chit chatted and just spent time together. Can you imagine trying to control 40+ women? I can't, but Cindy was a master at it! And then, it was time to open presents. Eeeek, my most dreaded moment of the afternoon. With the help of Erin working her tail off making sure I was never w/o a gift in hand, and we got through it real quick! I have never felt more blessed in my life.
Now...here's the thing. I handed my camera over to Eva. May not have been the best idea. Why? I set it to "intelligent auto" - which means when you're ready to take your picture, it should focus for you. But here's the issue, you have to pay attention to the screen. Now, all of us that know Eva, know her attention-span.... She always goes above and beyond what she is asked. So she took photo after photo, and actually got some really GREAT shots....but they're a bit blurry. Eh, what can ya do?


Neil showed up after all the ladies had left, to help with the carry out of all the goodies. We unloaded all of it at home - the nursery, PACKED. I felt a bit overwhelmed. I needed to start unpacking all of it right then. Eva was a trooper. She brought in her homework, and we spent the next hour or two just unpacking and ooooing and awwwing at everything. Look at this picture she took of me:


Hilarious. That's Cali's back end. She had a hard time w/this. She just loves to be close, and she couldn't get to me. Eventually she squeezed herself inbeween bags, and snuggled at my feet. Love her.

My next post, hopefully this weekend, will be about the nursery. This Friday my dresser/changing table is being delivered. I'm so excited about this find, you have no idea. I dont have anything for the walls yet, but that's alright.

No comments: