Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Crazy couple of weeks.
Braces - OFF! Waahoo!!!!!

And no, I am not constantly rubbing my teeth w/my tongue. That has been my #1 question. It's crazy because I'm not. It was probably the longest (almost) 4 years of my life...but it's like, I still have them on or something. I don't know, it's hard to explain. The hardest habit would be that I don't have to cover my mouth when I laugh, and to allow myself to smile. I used to hold back smiles. Can you believe it? The biggest surprise was that I wasn't an emotional wreck. I had tissues in my pocket just in case I had a break down. But I didn't. I did however, feel like a grown up. So strange.

Last week I was able to get all my post braces stuff done. He shaved down my fangs, and fixed my chipped tooth - all in a matter of 5 minutes. How awesome is that?! Neil and I had set money aside for whatever I wanted to get done, just knowing it wasn't going to be cheap. But guess what?! It was! $170. That's it. Neil, of course, was BEAMING after he heard the news. I also didn't plan on him doing the procedure right away. But since there was extra time, which is very rare for this extremely busy dentist, he said "let's do it right now! You ready?" Was I ready? What kind of silly question was that?

Here I am....

Now, with this extra $$ in savings - we have a few options...
a) Anniversary vacation somewhere we haven't been
b) New couch, w/some decor
c) Trip out to CA (this would entail an extra few days on a trip that will soon be in works...we heard some great news over the weekend. Our dear friend Carol is engaged!)

**Side note: Just last week, I completed my 3 miles - without a break. (Yay!) But, it still took me about 37 minutes to do. I'm sloooooow...
AND - this week, doing 50 push-ups in a row...moving forward w/this 100 push up challenge. I can't do them on my toes after 30, so I bring my knees down. I was supposed to work on this challenge over the weekend, to prepare myself for the 50 this week - but I didn't. I'm in trouble.

3 comments:

molly june. said...

dawna! congrats on the braces coming off!! what a beautiful, beaming smile you have! (with or without braces in my humble opinion) :) woohoo for extra moola to go on vacay with too! the icing on the cake. xo.

dancing with fireflies said...

I love your new teeth. I'd better see pictures of you smiling huge! I miss and love you

jmosizzle said...

DAWNA!!!!!!!!!!
this is awesome!!!! you look so purrty!

oh and you are not slow for doing 3 miles in 37 minutes, and 50 push ups! you go girl.
if you come back to cali. i have to see you!