Wednesday, May 12, 2010

On my quest to run 3 miles in 30 minutes isn't going so well. Why? The weather. In the last 2 weeks, I've been able to run twice. The 1st time, the weather was just perfect. The 2nd, I was going against the wind - one way...and then it helped me on my way back, which of course was awesome. I did make an attempt to run on the treadmill last Thursday, and lasted .82 miles. Yep, point. eight. two. miles. Bored.
This week, due to the new schedule at the gym, I've had to switch things up a bit...
Monday - 4:30 Weights, 5:30 Kickboxing
Tuesday - 5:30 Weights, 6:30 Kickboxing
Wednesday - Day off
Thursday - 5:30 Weight, 3 mile attempt (on the treadmill...ahhhhh!)
Friday - 3 mile attempt (treadmill), 4:30 Weights

And then Saturday and Sunday I will run as well.........but I will only do so if I can run outside.

The weather has just been crappy! Back in high school, no matter what was going on outside, my coaches made us practice. I remember doing sit ups in the mud, while it hailed. No joke. But I don't have a coach. I have me. I have promised myself, and am forcing myself to hit the streets this weekend - NO MATTER WHAT!!!! We'll see how I do. Rain isn't going to hurt me. Put a rain coat on for goodness sakes!!!!!!! Geez Dawna.

Oh and my one (favorite) instructor at the gym, Deborah, has got us doing the 100 push up challenge. By July 29th, 100 push ups...training started last week. Eeek!

1 comment:

jmosizzle said...

how did it go?!!! sounds amazing : )