Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Thank you Jesus

....for this amazing weather. Last year, this very week - we were at 20 inches of snow.

Last weekend, it was in the mid 60s w/clear skies. In Erie?! I know I've only been a part of this crazy-weathered city for 18 months, but I've picked up on the chaos. We're 18 days into November, and NO snow. Do you know, people have their Christmas lights up, bright & shining? Thanksgiving is NEXT WEEK people!!!! When I think of Christmas, I think of snow...I don't want the ice weather yet...I don't. Next week, sure.

We did however take advantage of the nice weather, and Neil pulled out the ladder & got himself up on the roof to hang our Christmas lights. Turned them on for a brief few minutes to test them out...then shut them right off. Next week, on November 26th - after we've stuffed our faces...we will come home, pop in a Christmas movie, (or spin Frank Sinatra on the record player), and deck out our home with Christmas cheer.

But not a minute sooner.

No comments: