Monday, November 9, 2009

71 in November?

I took full advantage of the beautiful weekend we just had. And from the looks and feels of it... it's continuing through today. According to the news (and my memory), it was snowing this time last year. So far, so good on this Fall season lasting - and winter not bulling it's way into November.
Friday I had the day off and decided to take Cali to the groomers for a manicure, then a walk through Frontier Park. I got a hold of Autumn and asked if she'd like to join me. And I got a very excited reply: "YES!!!" I beat her to the park by about 15 minutes and let Cali take advantage of the empty park. She was a very good baby doggie, and came when I called her. She wouldn't stay put though when I attempted to take a photo of her. These are what I ended up with...not bad, but there was a lot of yelling involved.


Then on Sunday, another gorgeous day - 71 degrees, I texted Autumn in hopes she would like to join me again for another walk - and without fail, she came with Owen and Emma in tow. It was a bit chilly down by the water, but she shnuggled up her little ones and we were off. Cali about pulled my arm off with excitement....she's working on her "walking" skills. We were not the only ones who wanted to take advantage of the weather - the peninsula sidewalks were packed with cyclists, walkers, runners, doggies - it caused slight difficulty due to the somewhat not-wide-enough path. We had quite a few run-ins with other doggies, but all canines were on their best behavior :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ummm, I keep checking back to see pics from the Fall party and now there is this post. NO! Fix this!