Monday, November 15, 2010

Comment I received from my last post from our dear, sweet friend Micah:

The thought of a mini-Dawna is precious but........ she may come out (God help us all) as a mini, female, Neil Andrew!!! And yes I am sure she will shout "I HATE BABY JESUS" in the middle of church just to spite you! Only time will tell and I for one am on the edge of my seat!

I have been laughing for the last 10 minutes. Why? Because these are actual fears of mine. Neil wasn't a pleasant child....the above actually happened to my in-laws in the middle of church. My daughter could turn out to be just like me, shy and well behaved. Or....like her father. Stomping on newly planted flowers "because I felt like it". Hearing these stories about Neil's childhood always make me laugh. If our child goes down this path, hopefully we'll hold back our laughter - at least until we are hidden away behind closed doors.
Umm. I doubt it.

The anticipation is killing me.

2 comments:

jmosizzle said...

are you keeping name ideas a secret for now??? i just picture a lil asian dawna and i cant even wait!!!!!! ps.. i need to call you... the package FINALLY came.. and i cried.

juliana said...

Oliver is so much like neil as a kid...as a mom of your fear coming true (I am still scared btw, my son is just nuts) let me tell ya, they will steal your heart before they embarass it hahaha! GOOD LUCK LOVELY