Wednesday, April 29, 2009

54.5/60

As of today, the 29th day of April I have done 54.5 miles out of 60. I have 2 days left, including today - I'm pretty sure I'm going to surpass my goal. I'm pretty stoked about it. I did however switch from running on the treadmill, to the elliptical on April 13th. I was in too much pain. Not only were my shins being ripped to shreads, my knees hurt, my lower back hurt...and no matter how many sports bras I put on, there was no help in that upper department of my body. What is awesome about the elliptical is: 1-No pain, but sore muscles, and 2-I can work out my arms. I'm lovin' it!!!!! It's absolute heaven versus the treadmill. My husband seems to think that machine is pointless. I challenged him to get on one, and attempt 4 miles in 35 minutes....which is what I've been accomplishing...and he declined. He's scared.
I am trying to come up with a new goal for the month of May. I need to add lunges and sit-ups to my workout. Maybe 10-15,000 sit ups? 1,000 lunges? We'll see.

2 comments:

molly june. said...

run dawna, ruuuuuun! :)
keep it up, girl! you are totally inspiring! love you lots.

shannon said...

Alright! Proud of you!
ps. my gym is lunge-crazed. they are the worst and I hate them but man-o-man do they ever WORK.