Sunday, February 22, 2009

814

Today I finally made the change in my cell phone number. We've been here 9 months, and it took us this long. Ridiculous, I know. I did have my reasons as to why I couldn't let go of my old number...and I'm quite surprised I went through it. This weekend was one of the hardest for me. I am very, very homesick - even as I type I'm getting all teary-eyed. It's so silly. Not sure what brought this on. Well, maybe I do. All of last week Neil and I were holed up in this house, sick and just unable to do a darn thing. That has nothing to do with anything... but it lead to me handing over a special package that needed to be shipped out- that had a specific deadline. My girlfriend Nat, who lives in CA, had her baby shower today. And I was bummed beyond everything that I couldn't make it. I wanted, I NEEDED to have that package to get to CA on time...it needed to be there, since I wasn't. Long story short...it didn't make it. I discovered that it was shipped out incorrectly. It's no ones fault. I was physically unable to leave my house to do this small task myself...but its reasons like this that I am obsessed with doing EVERYTHING myself. This is who I am. I can depend on myself.
Needless to say - Nat will receive her package, hopefully in tact, sometime early next week.

To continue on with my CA homesickness - I'm getting over it. Tonight didn't help much. Showing up at a restaurant w/Neil - meeting up with 3 of his friends - and there only being room for 4 at the table. Apparently no one knew I was coming. Good thing my husband informed everyone. I just wanted to run - run out the door, get back in my car, and go home. But instead, we moved tables. I definitely felt out of place. It makes me wonder if Neil ever felt this way in CA when we'd go out w/my friends? I hope not.

Oh! I did want to share my attachment to my old number...
7322414
7-Half of my favorite #
32-Old softball uniform# and favorite NBA basketball player (Magic Johnson)
24-Anniversary date
14-Favorite #

Pretty cool. I know.
Well...814 it is.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Not to make it harder on you but I did receive your package and it was wrapped so incredibly cute that I wish I could've showed it off at the shower, even more so I wish you were there. Love you tons!