Thursday, October 16, 2008

Red, orange, yellow....

...little bit of green, still some blue, and rainy clouds of purple.

It's Fall!!!

I have been very excited for the season of Fall. As you all know, I have been born & raised in California. Fall in southern CA consists of the Santa Ana's breezin' through - aka very windy, but still very warm. You're still in tanks and skirts come October. Leaves do fall, but the changing of colors doesn't last very long - and to truly experience the colors change, you need to travel far. Pumpkin patches are located on every corner...boring, right? But here I am on the east coast experiencing my very first Fall to its full potential. It's beautiful. The chill is in the air, which I don't mind. Surprised? I know, me too... but I love it. I thought being outside in the spring and summer were amazing - but add Fall to the list. All you need are jeans, a tank top and a light sweater, and you're set...Erie wins, 3 out of 4 seasons, versus So. Cal and the 90 degree weather 9 months out of the year. Believe me, I could be retracting these words come January when I'm freezing & snowed in... but I accept the challenge.
Now...according to the locals (my friends), it gets better. Below are pictures of what is going on as of this week. When the trees take on a look of "fire" - as some say - I'll post more.


Very pretty, I know....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

From one Southern Cali girl to another, I'm so jelly!